Seafood if naturally low-fat so wrapping it in bacon is always a good solution!
This is a great way to add a "side" to meat for a meal, or bring food with you to an event that hopefully everyone else won't eat before you do.
- Raw, unthawed scallops of any size
- Bacon, uncooked and preferably thin-sliced
- Make sure the scallops are thawed and dry. Pat dry with a towel if you need to
- Use scissors to cut about 1" pieces of bacon and wrap around each scallop. You can use toothpicks to secure the bacon and make an easy finger-food, but I found that it was not necessary
- For very large scallops, bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes, until bacon looks cooked and crisp. For small or medium sized scallops, set oven to broil. Broil small scallops about 6 minutes, and medium scallops about 10, until bacon is cooked and crisp